Cinco de Derby
Pine Box Rock Shop (12 Grattan St., Brooklyn)
This year, the 138th Annual Kentucky Derby happens to fall on Cinco de Mayo, so come celebrate the Most Exciting Two Minutes in Sports with some Mexicano flair. Join members of the Kentuckians of New York and have a bueno ol’ time at the Pine Box.
– LIVE MUSIC in the back, festive tunes up front
– Great eats from Champ’s Family Bakery
– Themed drink specials & flights
– Betting! POST TIME is 6:24PM
– Derby Hat contest with prizes
Also, a portion of day’s proceeds will be donated to the Thoroughbred Retirement Foundation (www.trfinc.org), the largest equine sanctuary in the world devoted to the rescue, retirement, rehabilitation and retraining of thoroughbred horses no longer able to compete on the track.