“Haunted Hop!” with DJ Jonathan Toubin
Brooklyn Bowl (61 Wythe Ave., Brooklyn)
$5 with costume, $8 without
Every year Jonathan Toubin makes a big deal out of Halloween not only because its his favorite holiday, but because it’s New York Night Train’s anniversary! All year he unearths the world’s most exquisite monster, horror, and other Halloween-themed records and anxiously contains his excitement until the last week of October, when he unleashes them on dance floors around New York.
This year’s spooktacular will include:
– JONATHAN TOUBIN turning exclusively his finest Halloween 45s all night for your danci
ng pleasure (go here for last year’s mix http://www.newyorknighttrain.com/mixes/NYNT2011HalloweenMix.mp3)
– DIONNE WEREWOLF! A live performance by this all-star NYC orchestra fronted by a trio of wolf-women! They do Burt Bacharach songs with horror-themed lyrics. Their set-list includes “Screech Out for Me” (“don’t you worry/I’ll murder you/Oh yes I will bludgeon you and cut you”) “I Take A Little Bite Out of You (“The Moment I wake up/before I put on my makeup/I take a little bit out of you”), “I’ll Never Suck Your Blood Again” (“What do you get when you suck some blood?”), “Always Something There RIght Behind Me,” “Stalk On By,””Do You Know the Way To Fang Jose,” “What the World Needs Now (Is Blood, Fresh Blood),” and many more… Dionne Warwick eat your heart out!
– HULA HOOP HARLOT MELISSA ANNE! This New York Night Train’s favorite will wow you with her halloween themed acrobatic hula hoop spectacle! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTuhuJB-8qQ
– “LAND OF 1000 DANCES” DANCERS! the instructional go go team that will bring the party throughout the night while teaching you every dance craze in the book. At Brooklyn Bowl they’ll be doing “The Monster Mash,” “The Frankenstein Walk,” “The Werewolf Watusi,” “The Lurch,” and many more.
– B.A. MIALE! of bamiam.tv will conjure ghoulish ambience with her trademark ghoulish keytar-triggered video mashups all night long!
– 2AM COSTUME CONTEST – $100 grand prize
– plus Halloween booths, spooky drink specials, and more…
$8 – but only $5 in costume!