Last Day Open House
Proteus Gowanus (543 Union St., Brooklyn)
Join us for the last day of our Migration year, featuring free wine and beer, a final viewing of our truly wonderful Artists-In-Residence exhibition, a raffle and some Protean shopping. Come say Farewell til September!
We are offering:
· Complimentary wine and beer
. Free raffle tickets for a chance to win a three-month membership to the Proteus Gowanus Study Hall—a program which opens the space to those who want an inspiring, art-filled environment in which to work.
· A library liquidation sale featuring Migration-themed books priced from $1-$10
· An opportunity to shop the gallery’s unusual collection of art, artifacts and books
· A last look at the Migration Artists-in-Residence show
· The testing of underwater frogs for fungal infection and related discussion by anthropologist, CUNY professor and resident artist Eben Kirksey, whose work explores the question, “Who benefits when species meet?” Please note: this is not the pregnancy test for which these frogs were historically used in labs around the world, thereby contributing to worldwide amphibian die-off.
After the “LAST DAY” OPEN HOUSE, Proteus Gowanus will be on hiatus until September 15, when we will re-open with the exhibition “War of Words”, first show of our next yearlong theme, Battle.