DUMBO Archway, Brooklyn
Free, RSVP here
We’re teaming up with the DUMBO Improvement District to bring you Hands-On: DUMBO. Join us from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. on Tuesday, June 26, to explore this unique Brooklyn neighborhood and take part in craft projects hosted by seven local businesses. The fun starts at the Archway, with music from DJ Colleen Crumbcake, photos at our Magnolia Photo Booth, a pinprick card project led by Etsy staff, and Hands-On: DUMBO maps listing the locations of all the evening’s crafting festivities. Projects range from making pouches out of recycled bike tubes at Recycly-A-Bicycle to learning boxing moves and making sweatbands at Gleason’s Gym. The wide range of projects in picturesque DUMBO makes this the perfect family outing or first date, and an opportunity to enjoy the first days of summer.
– Explore DUMBO
– Complete a hands on project with Etsy staff.
– Take photos in our Magbooth, which will be located under the Archway!
– Receive discounts when shopping at participating businesses.
– Take part in one, or all of the following projects! Don’t worry, we’ll provide a map.
1. Brooklyn Roasting Company
Project: DIY Coffee Ice-Cream
2. Dewey’s Candy
Project: Button Making
3. Gleason’s Gym
Project: Jump Rope/ Boxing Demo and Personalized Sweatbands
Project: Hand Sewn Patches
5. One Girl Cookies
Project: Marble Icing on Sugar Cookies
Project: Animal Masks
7. Recycle-A-Bicycle * this project begins at 6:00 p.m.
Project: Bike Tube Pouch