Nitehawk Cinema (136 Metropolitan Ave., Brooklyn)
HONKY TONKIN’ n’ NITEHAWKIN’ Country Music and Movie Jubilee
Featuring: The classic film “Urban Cowboy”, live country music, mechanical bull riding and more…
Party starts at 10:30pm, movie at midnight, bull riding post-screening!
We love a good ole honky-tonk celebration, and with John Travolta (or as the local papers are calling him, John “Revolta”) in the headlines, we figure there’s no better way to launch our new country music and film series than with an Urban Cowboy-themed party. Includes…
– Live music by the Gentlemen Callers (60s-era country classics, mariachi numbers, and story telling), starring fiddle master, Alex Marcus (formerly of Hank III)
– Urban Cowboy screening
– Special menu items like chicken-fried steak, Texas-style queso, and Lone Star Beer
– Country themed movie trivia quiz
– Live comedy
– Best Western Wear contest
– AND…Mechanical Bull riding! After the movie we’re gonna mosey over to Vivo Toro, the bar just a block away, and have our own contest, Urban Cowboy style.
– And just maybe if you’re lucky, you’ll get a good ole massage, in honor of John Travolta!