The 7th Annual Jazz Age Lawn Party
11am-5pm both days
Michael Arenella and His Dreamland Orchestra invites you to join us on this hidden gem just off the southeastern tip of Manhattan, nestled in the heart of majestic New York Harbor.
Under a shady grove of centuries-old trees, caressed by fresh sea air, a sprawling green surrounded by historic officers’ quarters and 18th century naval ramparts becomes the setting for a true Gatsby affair. A recession-friendly $15 admission gives you access to one of the Summer’s most magnificent celebrations.
Widely anticipated by flappers, sporting gents and tiny tots alike, this event has been featured and reviewed consistently by The New York Times, who selected the Jazz Age Lawn Party as one of the most memorable parties of 2009 and 2010.
A wide array of music, food & drink, and activities are open for all ages to enjoy:
* June event to feature special guests Tamar Korn (Saturday) and Gelber & Manning (Sunday)!
* Beautiful, real-wood ’50 x ’50 dance floor set up right on the lawn!
* A delightful variety of refreshing cocktails and sangria will be served by St-Germain Elderflower Liqeur and beer provided by Brooklyn Brewery.
* Gourmet entrees, sandwiches, salads and more will be for sale. Vegetarian dishes, too!
* Tasty desserts, old-fashioned ice cream cones and ices!
* Fresh-Squeezed Lemonade, Soda, juice, water, and other beverages available
* Picnicking welcomed! (just leave the hooch at home, it’s prohibited by regulations except as sold by our approved vendor at event.)
* Authentic ’78 records from the 1920s played on antique phonographs by Michael Cumella of WFMU’s Antique Phonograph Music Program.
* Charleston lessons by dance legend Roddy Caravella
* Vintage portraits by Tsirkus Fotografika
* 1920s Motorcar Exhibition – take a spin around the island in a genuine rumble-seat; hold on to your hat!
* Vintage clothing dealers and boutique milliners – They will all be peddling wares, so be sure to tuck some cash in your garter.
* Live dance performances
* Bathing Beauties & Beaus Promenade
* Tug O’ War
* Parade Of Hats
* Pie Recipe Contest