3 million New Yorkers struggle to afford food. 3 million! And 1 in 5 children in the city rely on emergency food.
Hunger in NYC is a huge issue, but fortunately the Food Bank For New York City is on the front lines offering assistance to those who need it most. They distribute food to 1,000 member programs in all 5 boroughs, providing more than 400,000 meals a day to New Yorkers in need.
Go Orange & help your fellow New Yorkers this holiday season! There are lots of ways to get involved, including:
– Donating to the Food Bank (every dollar helps provide 5 meals)
– Volunteering at a soup kitchen or food pantry
– Holding a virtual or traditional food drive in your office
– Blogging, tweeting or posting on Facebook to raise awareness
– Attending a Go Orange event