Halloween and Day of the Dead Party
Observatory (543 Union St., Brooklyn)
Please join us on Saturday, October 22 for a Halloween/Day of the Dead costume party featuring brand new episodes of Ghoul A Go-Go and The Midnight Archive, as well as burlesque, music, piñata, food, beverages, sugar skulls, a costume contest, and more! Please, please (!!!) come in costume! All costumes welcomed!
The night’s amusements will include:
– Ghoul a Go Go: Premiere of a brand new episode
– The Midnight Archive: Two new episodes of The Midnight Archive, Ronni Thomas’ new web series based on Observatory
– Music: Wavy gravy Halloween music for the all night dance party
– Burlesque: A creepy Burlesque performance by Lil’ Miss Lixx
FOOD AND DRINK!
Traditional Food and Drink Specials throughout the evening
Prizes for costumes inspired by either Vlad, Creighton, The Invisible Man, or any of the clips featured on Ghoul a Go Go
TRADITIONAL DAY OF THE DEAD ATTRACTIONS!
– Day of the Dead Altar: Altar de Muertos, an installation by Rebeca and Salvador Olguin
– Face painting: Have the Kiss of Death painted on your face by La Catrina
– Pan de Muerto: Indulge in this traditional dessert called Bread of Death
– Piñata: Dash death to smithereens with our annual death piñata!
– Sugar skulls: Decorate and eat or bring home your own Day of the Dead sugar skull
– Offerings to the Departed: In some places in Mexico, people leave small, coffin-like figures out for the souls of the departed. Guests are invited to leave their own offering; they will be available at the installation