Smorgasburg (East River btw. N. 6 & N. 7, Brooklyn)
On Saturday, August 27, Smorgasburg will celebrate our first ever Drinks Day!
We’re highlighting the beautiful beverages that our vendors brew up each week, quenching your thirst in between all those sandwiches, snacks and sweets. Outside of our dedicated drinks sellers like Kombucha Brooklyn, Blue Bottle Coffeee, City Lasses, Q Tonic, The Stand, Brooklyn Soda Works, Thirstea and others, many of our regular food vendors bring original, creative refreshments to the table. Here’s a list of what’s on the liquid menu.
– Vietnamese stand Bep’s special drink will be a fresh coconut juice with coconut flesh.
– Brooklyn Soda Works will have watermelon and tarragon flavor on tap (the one that Adam Platt rated the #1 soda in last year’s New York mag).
– Cemita’s sells an alcohol-free Mexican sangria called Sangria Señorial. It comes in a glass bottle and falls somewhere between grape juice, sangria and Alize without the alcohol. They also offer a housemade mango ice tea.
– City ‘Lasses will have their three varieties of Switzel, a unique lemon, ginger and blackstrap molasses quencher.
– Indian street food seller Dadar Station will be crushing up fresh sugarcane juice with ginger and lime.
– Vegan chef extraordinaire Anita from Electric Blue will have watermelon agua fresca and iced coconut oolong tea.
– Float will have their usual selection of mind-blowing ice cream/fruit juice/fresh herb drinks, like the Green-eyed Lady (pictured above).
– Fresh Picked Pantry’s Saucy by Nature has a popular local mint lemonade which comes unsweetened but is available with either simple syrup or agave.
– New coffee vendor Grady’s Cold Brew will be selling cups of New Orleans–style iced coffee along with his regular growlers.
– Fresh mint lemonade from BLT masters Landhaus features mint from Brooklyn Grange.
– McClure’s Bloody Mary mix is one to take home for the vodka you have in the freezer.
– Mimi & Coco have an organic iced green tea soy latte, as well as what they call a Sunrise Cooler: organic vanilla soy latte with orange juice).
– Soup sellers Sea Bean Goods like to think of their soups as drinks! Sip their watermelon cucumber straight from the cup: it’s a blend of super ripe yellow watermelon, cool cucumber and a bit of mint.
– Skytown is bringing their Green Bee Palmer: green tea, fresh squeezed lemonade and bee pollen. Super energizing!
– The Stand will be pouring a trio of flavored lemonades: basil lemonade, ginger-rose lemonade and hibiscus lemonade.
– Table Tales brews a lightly sweetened citrus-mint iced tea to go along with their special Sunday Gravy.