Summer Solstice Celebration
Socrates Sculpture Park (3205 Vernon Blvd., Queens)
Bring your friends and family to the 10th anniversary of the Park’s Solstice event, welcoming the summer and celebrating the longest day of the year!
· Be creative with Solstice artmaking workshops presented in partnership with Free Style Arts Association, Materials for the Arts, The Noguchi Museum and Queens Museum of Art
· Get your face painted by Agostino Arts
· Participate in special Solstice rituals performed by Urban Shaman Mama Donna
· Sample foods from local restaurants
· Have a picnic and take in the view as the sun sets over the Manhattan skyline!
Featuring for the very first time at Socrates, Silent Storm Sound System’s silent disco – a unique way of experiencing music! Guests wear wireless headphones as a silent atmosphere transforms in to a high-energy dance party. It’s unifying and strangely uplifting – a truly brilliant experience not to be missed!