Uki Uki Nights: Drink, Dance & Cosplay
Japan Society (333 E. 47th St., Manhattan)
Join us for a fun evening of drinking, dancing and art. Come dressed as your favorite character (or yourself). Featuring free admission to our current exhibition, Bye Bye Kitty!!!, a trivia contest, a cosplay parade and helpful maids who will keep the night rocking. We’ll be giving away tons of prizes, too! Including gift certificates to Kinokuniya, toys from Kidrobot, anime blu-rays and tickets to the New York Comic Con.
(with a cash bar)
– DJ Saiko Mikan will be spinning 60’s Group Sounds from Japan!
– Trivia Contest (Mame chishiki kuizu = 豆知識クイズ) with prizes from Kinokuniya and toys from Kidrobot and the grand prize of New York Comic Con tickets!
– NYAF Apple Kissa Café will be entertaining the crowd all night and giving away random prizes from toys to anime blu-rays!
– Cosplay Parade with the three best costumes receiving tickets to New York Comic Con!
– Japanese Beers and Sake for $4!
– Free admission to the Bye Bye Kitty!!! exhibition!
What is Uki Uki?
Fumiko says: When I say I am “Uki Uki shiteiru”, that means I am excited, animated, kind of high, feel bouncy, bubbly….. definitely a sense of expectation makes you “uki uki”! E.G. You are “Uki Uki” when you are going to have a long-awaited date with someone.